Deadline: August 3, 2018
Calling all journalists, media practitioners and photographers! The Africa-China Reporting Project (ACRP) at Wits Journalism invite submissions images for an Africa-China Photo Exhibition that will collect images from across Africa that best encapsulate applicants’ interpretation of “Africa–China”.
The Project will include selected images in an Africa-China Photo Exhibition and make them publicly available under a Creative Commons license, giving full credit to the image owners at all times. The Project will also select the best two images in the exhibition and give them awards.
The Africa-China Reporting Project supports journalists to investigate complex Africa-China dynamics and uncover untold stories, emphasising on-the-ground African impact and perspectives to illustrate how the lives of the people of Africa are changing amid the comprehensive phenomenon of Africa-China interactions. The Project is calling for submissions that best encapsulate this vision of Africa-China.
- First place: US$1,000 grant to write an accompanying story of the image as well as a fully paid trip to the Project’s Africa-China Journalists Forum in Johannesburg on 1 November 2018, along with the option to do one of the opening speaking slots
- Second place: US$1,000 grant to write the accompanying story of the image
- Submissions are open to all journalists, media practitioners and photographers
- Applicants must have taken the images themselves
- Images must be taken in Africa
- Each applicant can submit a maximum of three images, including the preferred name to be attributed
- Images must be submitted in high-res quality in freely accessible formats, preferably JPEG or PNG
Submissions must be sent in an email with the title Submission: Africa-China Photo Exhibition to [email protected] by no later than 3 August 2018, and should contain the following:
- Applicant CV
- Maximum of three image submissions
- A short description/paragraph to explain each image submission
For any queries please contact the Project team at [email protected].
For more information, visit Africa–China Photo Exhibition.