Deadline: July 1, 2018
The Ashoka India Youth Venture Panel 9 is open for applications. If you want to change the world and you have started young – join Ashoka, the world’s largest network of leading social entrepreneurs.
Ashoka Youth Venture identifies and supports teenagers who have started their own initiatives for addressing social and environmental problems. Becoming an Ashoka Youth Venturer is a recognition for you and your work. The selected Youth Venturers are inducted into a global community and gain access to workshops, strategic mentorship, fundraising support, media partnerships, exposure visits and more opportunities to grow themselves and their initiatives.
Ashoka covers all programme related expenses including travel, accommodation, and food for the Selection Panel, the workshops and any other engagements that require you to travel or stay outside of your hometown. The team will communicate from time to time the exact details of what is paid directly by Ashoka and what is reimbursed upon production of original bills.
A Youth Venture candidate:
- Indian resident (regardless of nationality, you MUST be residing in India for at least till July 2019)
- Is between 12 and 20 years old (born between 1 Jan 1999 & 31 Dec 2006)
- Has an innovative idea for creating positive change
- Has built a team
- Has implemented the idea and impacted their communities
- Has an action plan for greater impact
Successful candidates are those who have, through their initiatives, demonstrated mastery of essential skills for Changemakers – empathy, creative problem solving, teamwork and collaborative leadership. Having adult advisors is an added benefit, but the initiative has to be created, led and managed by teenagers.
The selection process is in three stages:
- Online application submission: If the aspirational Youth Venturer fits the selection criteria, he/she must fill in the Self-nomination form. Teachers, parents or other individuals can also nominate a project/initiative they know through the Nomination form. Selection Panels are conducted thrice a year and applications for each panel close one month before the panel dates.
- Review and Shortlisting: Ashoka team will review and shortlist the candidates. This may also involve telephonic interviews, references and field visits. The shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the team and informed about the next steps.
- Selection Panel: Selected candidates will be invited to the Selection Panel, a two-day event in our Bangalore office, where they present their initiative to a panel of leading social entrepreneurs and thought leaders. Upon the Panel’s recommendation, candidates would be elected as ‘Ashoka Youth Venturers.’
For more information, visit Ashoka India.