Telenor Youth Forum 2018 in Oslo, Norway (Fully-funded)
Deadline: Varies by Country
Do you want to be part of a year-long program that challenges young leaders to tackle big, social issues? Apply to attend the Telenor Youth Forum 2018 in Oslo, Norway – TYF2018: Bright minds, reducing inequalities. The Telenor Youth Forum is a global platform that is built upon the idea of bright minds working together to reduce inequalities. It provides these young leaders from around the world with an arena to tackle global, social challenges.
In collaboration with the Nobel Peace, the Telenor Youth Forum brings together young leaders from around the world to develop digital solutions that reduce inequalities and empower societies. Chosen delegates will travel to Oslo, during the Nobel Peace Prize events in December 2018, and to Bangkok mid year 2019 to continue creating momentum around their social challenge.
With physical gatherings in Oslo and in Bangkok, the Telenor Youth Forum is a six month-long programme that is run in collaboration with the Nobel Peace Center (NPC). This event aims to help transform the world we live in by tackling social challenges through digital solutions.
The journey begins in Oslo, in December, during the week of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony. The youth will form teams, with each team dedicated to a social challenge. They will spend their first days together, developing a plan for creating dialogue, engagement and potentially a solution, using digital technology, for how that particular inequality can be addressed. The program will conclude in Bangkok, in May, where they will present their final projects and unveil a digital exhibition completed in cooperation with the Nobel Peace Center.
The young leaders attending the Telenor Youth Forum come from very different places, but they are united in their passion to foster understanding, prosperity and ultimately peace. Apply now and be a part of TYF.
Apply If you’re:
- Between 20 and 28 years of age in 2018;
- Fluent in English;
- A permanent resident in one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Denmark, Malaysia, Myanmar, Norway, Pakistan, Sweden, Thailand;
- Passionate about driving social, economic and/or environmental change in your community with some proven experience;
- Attending university or have completed higher education;
- Someone with big ideas and a desire to make a difference.
- As a selected Telenor Youth Forum delegate, you will attend the kick-off event in Oslo, from December 8-11, 2018.
- You will work virtually with team members on a project in 2019, and you will meet up again in Bangkok in May 2019.
- Your goal is to make progress on your project and create a digital exhibition (about your social challenge) that will go live during the Bangkok event.
*Your estimated time commitment is approximately 2 hours per week outside of the Oslo and Bangkok events.
Apply now and be a part of TYF. Please note the deadline for your country:
- Telenor Pakistan: May 1 – Jul 25 APPLY NOW
- Grameenphone (Bangladesh): May 8 – Jul 31 APPLY NOW
- Digi (Malaysia): May 16 – Jul 27 APPLY NOW
- Dtac (Thailand): Jun 18 – Aug 17 APPLY NOW
- Telenor Myanmar: May 15 – Jul 31 APPLY NOW
- Telenor Denmark May 3 – Aug 6 APPLY NOW
- Telenor Sweden: May 2 – Jun 6 APPLY NOW
- Telenor Norway: Jun 1 – Jul 1 APPLY NOW
For more information, visit Telenor Youth Forum.