International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) Global Fellowship Program 2019
Deadline: July 20, 2018
The International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for the 2019 Global Fellowship Program. The Global Fellowship is an annual program open to emerging and mid-career leaders from all regions of the globe, with particular attention paid to applicants from developing economies.
The Global Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA’s extensive international network of arts professionals to emerging and mid-career leaders from around the globe. Participants join the ISPA membership and attend the New York ISPA Congress where they engage in the development and exchange of ideas with leaders from some of the world’s most significant arts organizations, increase their industry knowledge and resources through educational opportunities, and share their experience with their communities.
The International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA), a not-for-profit international network of performing arts professionals since 1948. ISPA’s Fellowship Programs were created to provide emerging and mid-career performing arts professionals with the opportunity to expand their international networks through membership and attendance at an ISPA Congress. The Fellows represent all disciplines, genres and types of arts organizations.
- One-year ISPA membership with access to all member benefits
- Full Pass registration to the New York 2019 Congress (January 8 – 10, 2019)
- One-day Fellows-only Seminar prior to the New York Congress (January 7, 2019)
- Subsidy to assist with travel and accommodation expenses related to attending the Congress (subsidies do not generally exceed 2,500 USD)
- Introduction to a current ISPA member who will welcome the Fellow to the Congress and help facilitate their participation as part of ISPA’s Community Building Program
ISPA accepts applicants from all regions of the world, with priority given to applicants from developing economies.
- Be currently employed/working in the professional performing arts
- Have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in the performing arts field
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Ability to attend and fully participate in the New York 2019 ISPA Congress, January 8 – 10, 2019, including the one-day Fellows-only Seminar on January 7, 2019
- Have received no more than two ISPA Fellowships in the past
Please note: For the purpose of ISPA’s Global Fellowship, the professional performing arts includes individuals working principally in the arts and culture sector either with organizations/institutions or as independent producers/managers. Generally those working within academia, education, community organizations, and independent artists are not eligible.
Monday, June 25, 2018
Friday, July 20, 2018
Notification of Status
Friday, September 21, 2018
To apply to the Global Fellowship Program, please download and review the application instructions available online as of the launch date and submit the online application form. Applications are reviewed and selected by the Fellowship Review Committee which consists of ISPA members and staff.
*Note: The application deadline will not be extended, and late and/or incomplete submissions will not be accepted. ISPA welcomes all eligible applications. The demand for Global Fellowships far exceeds ISPA’s ability to fund all qualified applicants and/or specific financial request.
For more information, visit ISPA Global.