NutriPitch – The Nourishing Nigeria Challenge 2018 (Fully-funded to the Regional Elevator Pitch Competition in Kenya
Deadline: July 7, 2018
Applications are open for the NutriPitch – The Nourishing Nigeria Challenge. This is an exceptional programme dedicated to posturing Nutrition focused businesses that are innovatively improving diet and tackling malnutrition in Nigeria. The programme positions entrepreneurs for growth and scale through the intensive Bootcamp Session, Business Gap Analysis and Workshop Sessions.
A Local Elevator Pitch Competition (NutriPitch) will be held at the end of the workshop sessions for businesses to showcase and pitch to key funding partners. The top five (5) entrepreneurs from the NutriPitch competition will represent Nigeria in the Regional Elevator Pitch Competition (REPC) in Nairobi, Kenya.
The programme is developed in partnership with Scaling up Nutrition Business Network, GAIN and the Netherlands Government and supported by FATE Foundation.
Start of Programme
NutriPitch – The Nourish Nigeria Challenge will commence in July 2018 in Lagos with an induction session and an intensive one-week accelerator boot camp and GAP Analysis to help each entrepreneur develop an individual growth plan and roadmap to scale. This will be followed by post boot camp sessions aimed at helping the entrepreneurs address gaps that they have identified in their businesses.
Programme sessions are designed for capacity building through workshop and coaching sessions, peer learning and feedback, one-to-one mentoring and a tailored follow-up on each company’s progress. Entrepreneurs will have opportunities to meet and interact with several entities including partners, mentors, investors, and experienced entrepreneurs. Finally, a Local Elevator Pitch Competition (NutriPitch) will be held at the end of the workshop sessions for businesses to showcase and pitch to key funding partners. Consequently, the top five (5) entrepreneurs from the competition will represent Nigeria in the Regional Elevator Pitch Competition (REPC) in Nairobi, Kenya. The NutriPitch Competition will also provide a platform for the ten participating entrepreneurs to access funding linkages for their businesses.
End of Programme: The programme will close out with presentation of awards at the NutriPitch Competition and a graduation ceremony will hold at the FATE Annual Celebration on Thursday, December 6th, 2018.
Key focus areas:
- Input supply
- Production (crop/animal farming)
- Logistics and distribution
- Trading and retailing
- Information management
The top five (5) entrepreneurs from the NutriPitch competition will represent Nigeria in the Regional Elevator Pitch Competition (REPC) in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Be a Nigerian citizen (male or female)
- Have a business whose products and/or services promote nutrition and food safety in Nigeria. Note that the NutriPitch Programme will abide by the UN Business Sector Guidelines and priority will only be given to businesses whose operations abide by the guidelines.
- Be a start-up or growth stage SME fully registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission
- Be available to participate FULL-TIME in the one-week boot camp in Lagos between from Monday to Saturday, July 23 –July 28, 2018 and ALL other required sessions between July 30 and August 23, 2018.
- Complete the online form
- Be prepared and available for your interview session (physically if based in Lagos or virtually if based outside Lagos)
- You will be required to present supporting documents if shortlisted.
For more information, visit NutriPitch.