Deadline: June 30, 2018
Applications are invited for the Roberto Cimetta Fund Mobility Program 2018 for Artists. The Roberto Cimetta Fund and the Valletta 2018 Foundation, in charge of implementing Valletta’s title of European Capital of Culture 2018, have been collaborating since 2015 to improve and increase artist mobility in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
Artists can apply for travel grants to undertake collaborative projects related to the Valletta 2018 event, for journeys taking place before the end of December 2018. The aim of the travel must demonstrate the potential for a constructive and long-term impact on the arts sector in a specific, localised context within the Euro-Arab geographical region.
Applications for travel grants should be related to projects exploring the three main topics emphasised during the European Capital of Culture year:
- “Future Baroque”, which is about an extravagant and theatrical way of life, full of colours, ornamentation, and exaggerated gestures and actions;
- “Voyages”, as Malta has always been a melting pot of different cultures thanks to its harbours and strategic geographic location – a place with an ancient heritage, Arabic roots, standing alongside a European past and present;
- “Island Lives” – what does island life really mean? We may be able to drive across the whole of Malta in a single morning, but that doesn’t mean we’ve seen it all.
- Funds will be released to successful applicants after travel and upon submission of proof of travel and a written report. Local transport, per diems and accommodation costs are not covered by the fund.
- No nationality or age criteria apply to the fund; however, the applicant must live or work in the Euro-Arab-Middle East geographical region;
- The applicant’s profession must be one of the following: administrator in the cultural field, artist, creator, cultural organiser, performer, project leader in the cultural field or teacher;
- Applications must be made by individuals, rather than organisations. Only three members of a group can apply for a grant concerning the same project;
- Applicants must choose the cheapest form of transport and can only apply for one international return travel ticket and one set of visa costs per application;
- Applicants must be developing projects relating specifically to the Euro-Arab-Middle East region, within the context of Valletta’s title of European Capital of Culture 2018.
For more information, visit Roberto Cimetta Fund Mobility Program.