L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science Awards 2019
Deadline: July 13, 2018
The L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science Awards 2019 is open. UNESCO and the L’Oréal Corporate Foundation seek to recognise women researchers who, through the scope of their work, have contributed to overcoming today’s global challenges.
Faced with global challenges such as the acceleration of new technologies, aging populations or the threat to biodiversity, UNESCO and L’Oréal remain convinced that these women researchers will have a major impact on society and lay the foundations for the future. As such, UNESCO and L’Oréal want to contribute to their recognition and provide them with the means to continue their commitment to science with energy and passion.
Scientists and scientific institutions around the world are invited to present and nominate the most qualified candidates for the 2019 L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science Awards. Their active participation will ensure that the best female researchers from each continent are recognized and rewarded for their scientific excellence.
For the first time, the 2019 Awards will designate five outstanding researchers in the Physical Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Science, each working in one of the following regions: Africa and the Arab States, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America & North America.
The Awards will be presented in March 2019 in Paris to the five women selected by an international jury for their outstanding contribution to scientific advancement. Each of the Award Laureates will receive €100,000.
The candidate must
- be recognized for her personal scientific excellence among the international scientific community
- be actively involved in scientific research
- be involved in any field of the Physical Sciences, Mathematics or Computer Science
- not be directly or personally involved in the For Women in Science programme, as a jury member or otherwise, in any country.
- In order to nominate a candidate, please follow the registration procedure on the For Women in Science platform accessible here.
- From the website, you will be able to upload all the necessary documents in order to submit the nomination.
- Please note that nomination files must be submitted by midnight on 13 July 2018 (France GMT/UTC + 2h).
- Only completed nominations received through the platform by this deadline will be considered.
- You may nominate several candidates or re-nominate a candidate you presented in the past.
For more information, visit Women in Science Awards.