FIMI/UN FAO Training of Trainers in Human Rights, Food and Nutrition Security Program 2018 (Funded)
Deadline: July 9, 2018
The International Forum of Indigenous Women (FIMI) and the United Nations Organization for Food and Agriculture (FAO), are pleased to invite indigenous women leaders from South America to participate in the call for the Training of Trainers in Human Rights, Food and Nutrition Security Program 2018. The Program will be carried out in person for a period of 12 consecutive days during the month of August or September of this year.
On this occasion, FIMI and FAO will implement the training program for trainers in Human Rights, Food and Nutrition Security, to be carried out in South America. The objectives are:
- Strengthen the leadership and knowledge of indigenous women on human rights, security-food sovereignty and nutrition for the training of other indigenous women in the region
- Promote and strengthen the articulation, alliances and collaborations between Indigenous women activists and organized at the regional level for advocacy and participation in international processes.
- The selected participants will have a scholarship to cover air ticket (economic flights), lodging, food, as teaching materials. FIMI and FAO will provide 30 full scholarships for 30 participants. All scholarships will be distributed as equitably as possible.
- Open for indigenous women of South America;
- Applicants should have skill and experience in facilitating training processes;
- Indigenous women associated with an indigenous organization or who work closely with indigenous communities and are related to human rights, indigenous peoples and women.
- Basic use of Spanish, oral and written is required.
Commitments of the Participants
- Deliver signed letter, committing to participate actively and responsibly, completing the 12 days of training
- Submit a Training Plan, where to translate the proposal for the multiplication of the knowledge acquired in the Program
- Manage passport or visa in advance, if required.
Applicants are expected to present the following documents:
- Complete the application form
- A letter of recommendation from an indigenous organization (preferably from the organization or non-institution where the applicant works or is in close collaboration). Said letter should be addressed to the Coordination of the Global Leadership School of FIMI
- A letter of commitment on the part of the candidate to deliver all the tasks required during the development of the Program and to conclude the same.
All documents must be sent to the following address email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit FIMI/UN FAO Training of Trainers.