Teach For India Fellowship Program 2019-2021 (Funded)
Deadline: September 2, 2018
Applications for the 2019-2021 Teach For India Fellowship are now open! The Teach For India Fellowship program is an opportunity for India’s brightest and most promising youth, from the nation’s best universities and workplaces, to serve as full-time teachers to children from low-income communities in some of the nation’s most under-resourced schools.
Through this experience of teaching in classrooms and working with key education stakeholders like students, principals, and parents, their Fellows get exposed to the grassroot realities of India’s education system and begin to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and mindsets necessary to attain positions of leadership in education and identify their role in building a wider movement for educational equity in the country.
Teach For India offers you the chance to make a real difference in tackling one of India’s most pressing challenges — educational inequity. By presenting you with one of the most difficult challenges of your life, the Fellowship will help you develop leadership skills that are critical in today’s dynamic global work environment. The Fellowship Program gives you an opportunity to become a part of the solution and a change agent in the society.
- Teach For India Fellows will be paid a salary of Rs. 19,000 per month.
- If required to relocate from their home city, Fellows will be given a housing allowance ranging from Rs.5500 to 10,000, depending on the city in which they will stay.
- In addition, Fellows will receive an allowance for school supplies.
- Teach For India is looking for potential Fellows who:
- Have exhibited academic proficiency
- Have demonstrated leadership
- Have strong organizational skills
- Hold a graduate degree
- Are inclined to make a commitment to the community.
- Students and professionals with a Bachelor’s Degree at the time of joining the Fellowship are invited to apply.
- They believe that their Fellows are going to be leaders of the movement towards educational equity. Aside from passion and commitment to the vision of educational equity, they look for leadership potential that can develop through the two year Fellowship.
- Their Fellows are critical thinkers and problem solvers. They have grit, courage and set high expectations for themselves and for others. They demonstrate interpersonal skills through their interactions with various stakeholders.
- They look for diversity in their Fellowship cohort, and their Fellows come from across the country, with varied levels of professional experience – college students, working youth, experienced professionals, and entrepreneurs. They come from over 300 college campuses and companies, from urban and rural India, and from outside of India.
If you are interested in joining the Fellowship, apply now.
If you have any questions about the Fellowship or the application process, please email email@example.com and their recruitment team will be in touch to support you through the process.
For more information, visit Teach for India.