IVVN Female Fellowship Awards for Post-doctoral Researchers 2018
Deadline: September 28, 2018
The International Veterinary Vaccinology Network (IVVN) invites applications for the Female Fellowship Awards 2018. Women are underrepresented in science, particularly in low-and-middle income countries (LMICs), therefore to support the professional development of female scientists, the IVVN will fund fellowships for female post-doctoral researchers working at an LMIC-based research organisation (Mentee) to work with a principal investigator (Mentor) in the UK.
Fellowships are available to carry out a defined piece of work that addresses a key bottleneck preventing the development of vaccines for livestock and zoonotic diseases of importance in LMICs.
Value of grant: The total amount of fellowship funding available is £100,000, and the IVVN expect to support 2-3 fellowships.
- Funding will cover salary, travel, accommodation and consumables for the Mentee, and consumables and travel for the Mentor. Importantly, capital will be available to allow the Mentee to continue research at their institute.
- The IVVN envisage that the fellowships will result in a strong Mentee-Mentor relationship, and will provide the Mentee with access to the necessary facilities and expertise to complete of a piece of work that furthers the career of the Mentee.
- Funding is for female, post-doctoral (or individuals who will have obtained their PhD before the fellowship begins) IVVN members who are from an LMIC country and working at a LMIC-based research organisation.
- Both the Mentee and Mentor must be members of the IVVN; membership is free and available here.
- Activities supported: all fellowships must be within the scope of the IVVN network and its remit.
- To be considered for the LMIC funding level you must be from an LMIC country and working at a LMIC-based research organisation. A list of LMIC countries can be found here (all countries in the list are LMIC).
Completed applications and associated documents should be sent to the IVVN Network Manager Dr. Carly Hamilton at [email protected] by 9am on Friday 28th September 2018.
For more information, visit IVVN Female Fellowship Awards.