Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards 2018 for Women (up to $16,000)
Deadline: November 15, 2018
Applications are invited for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards 2018. The Awards assist women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.
Each year, more than $1.7 million in education grants are awarded to more than 1,300 women, many of whom have overcome enormous obstacles including poverty, domestic violence and/or drug and alcohol abuse. Live Your Dream Awards recipients may use the cash award to offset any costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, such as books, childcare, tuition and transportation.
The award is an initiative of Soroptimist, a global volunteer organization working to improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment. Soroptimist was formed in 1921 in Oakland, California, at a time when women were not permitted to join service organizations. Soroptimist improves the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment.
Recipients have the potential to receive $1,000 – $16,000 to further their education:
- Club-Level: Recipients can receive up to $1,000 from a local Soroptimist club in your area;
- Region-Level: Local recipients then become eligible for a $3,000 or $5,000 region-level award;
- International Finalists: Region-level award recipients then become eligible for one of three international awards
Applicants should be a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents;
- Has financial need;
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program;
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals;
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela);
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award;
- Does not have a graduate degree;
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either;
- Has a Social Security number or Tax ID number. (This is required for tax purposes and is only necessary if you are a resident of the United States. You will not be asked to share this information unless you have been given an award.)
For more information, visit Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards.