MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at the University of Pretoria 2019
Deadline: September 15, 2018
Applications are open for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program 2019 at the University of Pretoria. The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at undergraduate or postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2019.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program.
The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at UP. Two thirds of these bursaries will be for postgraduate study and one third will be for undergraduate study. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- A modest monthly stipend
- Text books and printed material
- Medical aid cover for the duration of study
- VISA costs
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Leadership development opportunities
- Academic advising and counselling support
- Applicants have been admitted into a degree at University of Pretoria. You will need your student number to complete the MCFSP application, which must be accompanied by your academic records and other supporting documents as outlined in the application form;
- Be sure to include documents that support what your family, guardian or foster parents can afford to pay. Examples of such documentation include bank statements, pay slips and loan documents;
- Only students admitted to full-time study at UP will be considered for the scholarship;
- Only prospective students who cannot afford to pay the full fees are eligible to apply. Do not apply for funding if you or your parents, guardian or foster parents can afford the full tuition fees;
- All the information provided must be accurate and true. Any falsification of information on the application form may result in disqualification from consideration for a scholarship.
For more information, visit MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program.