Mophradat Residency for Musicians from the Arab World 2019 (Funded to Poitiers, France)
Deadline: August 30, 2018
Applications are invited for the Mophradat Residency for Musicians 2019. Mophradat in collaboration with the multidisciplinary art center Le Confort Moderne in Poitiers, France, is offering one residency for a professional musician or ensemble of up to three musicians from the Arab world. The aim is to spend focused time working on a specific project, creating new compositions, or exploring and researching innovative ideas. The residency lasts one week in January 2019.
The selected resident(s) — whether a musician or band — will be accommodated in full board at the venue’s residency facilities and have access to rehearsal rooms and technical support to undertake work throughout their stay, but they must be comfortable working autonomously. Le Confort Moderne will also program a concert of the musician or band and pay a performance fee.
- Costs for flights, accommodation, visa and insurance, and meals are provided, and includes an opportunity for a public performance.
- Applicants must be solo musicians or bands/ensembles of up to three members performing their original compositions (instrumentalists looking for rehearsal time are not eligible);
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate being active in music scenes locally and/or internationally;
- Applicants must have an extensive stage practice (concerts, festivals, etc.) and a rehearsing routine;
- Musicians and bands of all contemporary genres are welcome to apply;
- Applicants must be from the Arab world;
- Applications are in English only, but the residency is also open to French speakers.
Applications must be submitted in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include:
- A completed application form
- A CV listing all your performances, albums published online and/or offline, and press reviews.
- Links to your music online (Bandcamp, Soundcloud, Youtube etc.) or no more than three mp3 files (clearly labeled).
- A one-page letter explaining your interest in the residency, and the specific project you intend to work on.
- A technical rider for your rehearsals and concert.
- The name and contact details of two professional referees who can comment on your recent work.
For more information, visit Mophradat Residency for Musicians.