Fair Play Competition for Young Bands 2018 (Win a trip to Denmark for International Anti-corruption Conference)
Deadline: August 1, 2018
The Fair Play Competition 2018 is now open for applications. The Fair Play Competition is about original songs by young bands (18-35 years) on the on the theme of anti-corruption, integrity and fighting for social justice. Bands are invited to submit their anti-corruption music videos online and the best two band(s) will be flown to Denmark to perform and participate in the International Anti-corruption Conference (IACC) that takes place in a different country every 2 years.
Fair Play is a global movement of young artists speaking out against corruption. Fair Play holds a bi-annual competition where young bands can submit music videos online that tackle issues around corruption in their community. The best bands are selected to perform at the International Anti-Corruption Conference or IACC (the world’s largest anti-corruption event).
Fair Play also organises local artist-driven events around the world, where issues around corruption are directly addressed by those facing them. The powerful messages of these songs from our community are shaping the world and letting the corrupt know that their days are numbers and that we will bring an end to impunity!
2 Bands will be selected to perform in Copenhagen, Denmark at the Fair Play: Live concert that takes place in conjunction with the IACC (International Anticorruption Conference) and open for a big headliner! (TBC).
- Fair Play covers your flights, food, accommodation as well as a 500€ fee per band. Bands are expected to cover their own insurance costs, visa fees and additional expenses whilst in Copenhagen.
- Artists must be available to travel and perform between the 20th to the 25th of October 2018.
- Fair Play is open to any solo artist, band or group whose members are between 18-35 years of age (on the date of entry) from any nationality, from any country.
- Bands must submit a music video on the theme of corruption.
- Groups may consist of no more than 8 members.
- All songs must be original (no covers).
- Entries may present edited or live video footage (no photo slideshows).
- All songs must address in some manner the theme of the competition: anti-corruption, integrity and fighting for social justice.
- The video must present only one (1) song (no compilations).
- Lyrics may be in any language but all artists are required to submit an English translation of the lyrics with their entry.
- Artists must submit the lyrics for English language entries as well.
The winners will be announced on the Fair Play website on Monday the 20th of August 2018.
Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email.
For more information, visit Fair Play Competition.