Deadline: August 11, 2018
Nominations for the Women in Technology (WIT) Women of the Year Award 2018 are now open. Nominate a female visionary in technology, ground breaker in business or a remarkable leader who makes a difference in your community for the 2018 Women of the Year Award. Women in Technolgy (WIT) celebrates female leaders who make a difference in the workplace and community.
Women in Technology (WIT) empowers and educates women about opportunities in science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) by educating middle and high school girls, and young women in college, and by sharing the stories of successful professional women in STEAM. Their team of more than 300 volunteers delivers professional development and networking opportunities to more than 3,000 professionals, and programs at no cost to more than 1,500 students. From the classroom to the boardroom, WIT is committed to bringing the best STEAM content and programming to women and girls in Georgia.
Awards will be given across these four categories:
- Large/Enterprise Organization, representing companies with more than 2,500 employees
- Medium/Mid-Size Organization, representing Mid-sized/Medium Organizations (251-2,500 employees) and Educational Institutions
- Small/Emerging Organization, representing companies with 250 employees or less
- Non-Profit Organization, representing public/ private non-profits with 50 employees or more
To qualify for a Women of the Year in Technology Award, nominees must:
- Hold a business, technology or scientific leadership role in a company whose primary product is in the technology field OR maintain a leadership position in the technology or science department of a non-technology organization with authority over an IT operation, including but not limited to technology hardware, software, technical program management, telecommunications, and support desk/network operations center
- Be employed by a Georgia-based business/ organization or a division/subsidiary with a significant leadership role in Georgia;
- Hold a leadership or STEAM position with a technology company OR hold a STEAM position in a non-technology company;
- Perform a managerial role within her organization and hold budgetary responsibility
- Have a minimum of one year of managerial experience within the current organization as of March 1, 2018;
- Have a primary residence in Georgia.
A selection committee comprised of individuals from diverse backgrounds will review nomination applications. A panel of distinguished judges will evaluate nominees and select the recipient of the Women of the Year in Technology Award in each of the four categories using the following criteria:
- Nominee’s role and responsibilities in her organization
- Nominee’s demonstrated leadership and impact on her organization
- Nominee’s demonstrated leadership and impact on organizations outside of the workplace
- Nominee’s positive impact through mentoring
- Nominee’s impact on fostering the mission of WIT
For more information, see nomination brochure or visit WIT Women of the Year Award.