Deadline: October 31, 2018
Siemens Stiftung is accepting applications for empowering people. Award 2019. They’re calling on social entrepreneurs and developers across the globe to apply for the empowering people. Award 2019. Submit your innovative solutions! You can win Award money and free membership in the vibrant empowering people. Network.
The award identifies and supports low-tech solutions that address crucial basic needs sectors in developing regions. Siemens Stiftung is looking for low technological solutions or products with sound business potential for basic supply problems in developing countries. empowering people. Award is addressed to any individual, team, organization or enterprise from any region in the world.
The aim of the competition is twofold:
- Firstly, identify promising solutions that can be further scaled and have them implemented on site.
- Secondly, have these innovations prominently showcased in a central database on the website.
Developmental cooperation organizations and institutions such as Siemens Stiftung may also approach inventors to further their products.
- Education & Training
- Financial Technology
- Food & Agriculture
- Mobility & Infrastructure
- Waste Management
- Water & Sanitation
- Award Money of € 50,000 (1st Prize) – € 30,000 (2nd Prize) – € 20,000 (3rd Prize)
- Runners-up: 7 x €10,000 each
- Community prize of € 10,000
- Special WASH Award of 20,000 Euros supported by Knorr Bremse Global Care.
- Free membership in the empowering people. Network and various support opportunities along with consultancy from jury members and international visibility.
- Open for individuals, teams, organizations or enterprises from any region in the world
- Technologies entering the competition should be simple, feasible, embedded in a social business model, and deliver sustainable support to a local community in one of the following eight categories above
- The products or solutions have to already be in use.
- A submitting enterprise has to follow values such as fairness, social responsibility and must not be a microfinance institution, private equity fund, or deposit taking institution
- Employees of Siemens Stiftung, Intellecap and AT-Association are excluded from the competition.
- Technology: Technical functionality and feasibility, Environmental performance
- Social impact: Potential to help solve basic supply problems, Income generation, job and training opportunities
- Business: Business model and financial resource, Proof of Concept, Financial planning and scaling options
- Team: Team competence and experience, organizational structure
- Launch on 5th July 2018: If you are interested in applying for empowering people. Award, fill out the application form on this website by October 31, 2018, 12:00 CET.
- By spring 2019: Pre-evaluation of all entries and creation of a shortlist of potential winners by technical experts.
- Summer 2019: Evaluation of the entries’ shortlist by the jury and Award Ceremony (date and location tbd.)
- From Summer 2019: Promotion of the winning products and solution.
Submit your application in English or Spanish.
For more information, visit Siemens Stiftung.