Deadline: September 4, 2018
Applications are open for the Start-Up Chile Seed Acceleration Program 2018 for Global Startup Founders. The Start-up Chile Seed Acceleration Program attracts world class entrepreneurs to do business in Chile. Seed accommodates early stage entrepreneurs who will strengthen the enterprise environment, support the culture of innovation in Chile and connect with Latam to grow from the region to the world.
The acceleration program lasts for 7 months, a period during which entrepreneurs can share with other companies of more than 83 countries. The selected businesses will receive, apart from the fund, a complete process of acceleration, which includes mentoring, pitch training and workshops among other activities. In addition, all foreigners will receive a work visa for one year, so they can grow their business from the country.
- Equity free money: The startup will receive funding towards 90% of total program costs and through either reimbursement, or an advance payment plan. The founder/startup must provide 10% of the remaining funding. Applicants can apply for an additional $25MM Chilean pesos, to stay in Chile for an additional period of max 8 months after their initial stage;
- Acceleration & 7-month Experience: During your 7 month experience in Chile, Start-Up Chile will accelerate and support your business. You will also be a part of an inclusive and energetic environment with other like-minded entrepreneurs to have the experience of a lifetime. They have built this program to help you to accelerate your business. Also, Start-Up Chile is here to be sure that you will have a life time experience in Chile, the best country in Latam for startups. The duration of your stay in Chile will be for at least 9 months;
- Other Benefits: Foreign teams will be provided with a one year working visa. All teams will have access to the Start-Up Chile community which includes up to $300,000 USD in perks such as Microsoft BizSpark, Facebook Start, Amazon Web Services and many others. All startups are able to use the central co-working space for up to 9 months after their arrival to the program, free of charge.
- You may apply as either a Natural or as a Chilean legal person. A Chilean Legal person is suitable for Chilean companies. In this case, the company will be beneficiary of the Start-Up Chile funding.
- Foreigners with an incorporated company outside of Chile must apply as a Natural Person. The person named on the application as a Natural Person will be the beneficiary of the funds;
- Your Startup cannot be older than 3 years. They are looking for early start ventures;
- Consulting companies, export/import companies and franchises are not accepted as they are not easily scalable globally;
- The team leader and team must be 100% dedicated to the project. Team members are not to be employed by other companies during their participation in the Start-Up Chile Program.
For more information, visit Start-Up Chile Seed Acceleration Program.