Deadline: October 31, 2018
The Mahathir Science Award Foundation (MSAF) and Academy of Sciences Malaysia invite nominations for 2018 Mahathir Science Award. The Mahathir Science Award is bestowed on any scientists, institutions or organisation worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology and to be awarded to the most deserving based on merit.
The Mahathir Science Award (MSA) is established to be Malaysia’s most prestigious international Science Award for tropical sciences, administered by the Mahathir Science Award Foundation (MSAF). It was launched in honour of Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad on 17th August, 2004, by the man himself. The winner/laureate will receive USD 100,000.00, a gold medallion, and a certificate.
This award will be given to researchers who have made internationally recognised breakthroughs in pioneering tropical research in the following fields:
- Tropical Agriculture
- Tropical Architecture and Engineering
- Tropical Medicine
- Tropical Natural Resources
One award will be conferred each year covering any of the four fields. The award carries a cash prize of USD 100,000.00, a gold medal and a certificate.
- Any individual or organisation can nominate for the award. However, this individual or organisation cannot self-nominate themselves.
- This award bestowed on any scientists, institution or organization worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology and to be awarded to the most deserving based on merit.
- Significant research & studies contributing to new knowledge in solving problems in tropics
- Demonstrable evidence of significant socio and societal impact
- Contribution to policy and governance leading to sustainable improvement to quality of life
- National, regional and international recognition (to consider whether same work nominated has been previously awarded)
- H-index or equivalent
The nomination for the award is open through-out the year. However the closing date for the award is on 31 October 2018. The Mahathir Science Award Foundation will announce the recipient of the award in August 2019.
Documents for nomination:
- Nomination form
- Recent photograph (in high-resolution, not less than 1MB)
- Curriculum vitae
- List of honours and awards (list only professional honours and awards which are conferred. Do not list membership of professional society which is obtained by application)
- List of product/services commercialised
- List of publications and patent (granted or pending)
- Letter of referral (at least two (2) letters of referral to support the nomination)
- Supporting document (newspaper clipping, media announcement, etc)
Click here to download the nomination form.
For more information, visit Mahathir Science Award.