Apply to join the Commonwealth Youth Sport for Development and Peace Network Steering Committee
Deadline: July 31, 2018
The Commonwealth Youth Sport for Development and Peace (CYSDP) Network is seeking new members to join their Steering Committee. The CYSDP Network is the leading and driving voice, for youth in the Commonwealth, towards promoting best practices in Sport for Development and Peace. They are recruiting five (5) members by August 2018.
The CYSDP Network is looking to fill the current vacant volunteer positions:
- Caribbean & the Americas Regional focal point (based in Canada)
- Europe Regional focal point
- Africa Regional focal point
- Pacific Regional focal point
- Advocacy focal point
- Aged between 18 to 29 years at the time of application
- Citizen of a Commonwealth member country
- Experience with youth-led initiatives, projects or organisations with expertise and understanding of the benefits of employing sport as a tool to contribute to development issues. (this can be in a voluntary, educational or professional capacity)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a combination of: advocacy and campaigning; public policy, governance, strategic development/leadership skills; marketing, digital media or graphic design; or innovative, small NGO or social enterprise development are encouraged to apply.
- Have a proven track record on their work, verifiable from existing references, online videos, links, reports, publications, blogs, etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, IT literate and technologically savvy.
- Strong administrative and organisational abilities, including an eye for detail.
- Demonstrated drive and initiative, a self-starter with a can-do attitude with the ability to work autonomously and in teams, and in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Available to commit at least 2 days a month to network activities.
Expressions of interest are invited for these roles. Submissions should include:
- CV and one-page cover letter clearly demonstrating suitability for the role, based on the qualifications and competencies outlined above.
- An expository piece on one of the following themes:
- Why sport for development and peace is an effective tool for youth development?
- Where do you see Sport for Development going in the future?
- What development issue would you address through sport and how
Submissions can be in one of the following formats:
- Academic essay or position paper (750 – 1000 words);
- Short film (5 minutes);
- Photography with extended captions/description for each image (5-10 images)
Appointments are made for a one-year term, renewable for up to three terms (up to the age of 29 years old). Please note that these are voluntary roles. Further information about the CYSDP Network, a description of the Steering Committee roles, and application procedure are provided in the Role Description and Call for Application.
For more information, visit CYSDP Network.