Deadline: July 31, 2018
Are you a young social entrepreneur from Euro-Mediterranean region? You want to change the world through a sustainable business? APPLY NOW for the Entrepreneurs For Social Change to scale up your enterprise, approach investors, empower your team and become a change maker!
Entrepreneurs for Social Change (E4SC) is a one-year programme, which aims to support young social entrepreneurs and enhance their skills to boost a business idea with a social mission. Their businesses will become powerful driver of economic development and social inclusion, and accelerate the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The participants get equipped with the tools required to start, develop and scale up a social business, they meet like-minded social entrepreneurs and engage with cutting-edge guest speakers and mentors.
The selected young leaders receive feedback from peers, mentoring from experienced social entrepreneurs and are matched with potential investors during the year following the training.
- Bootcamp: 10-day in person experience to disrupt your world, provide you with the tools to grow and scale up your enterprise, connect deeply with your peers, and learn from top-class trainers and coaches from all over the world.
- Executive Mentoring: 1-year individual meetings with some of the world’s top executives dealing with social entrepreneurship and impact investing. You will be given a virtual cryptocurrency to spend on mentoring hours where your needs are.
- 360o Empowerment: Before the bootcamp, we run a 360o assessment to create a detailed plan for your social and economic impact. After the bootcamp they tailor services to your needs. Together they achieve the SDGs.
- E4SCpedia: You become part of a life-long learning community of peers. You will have access to pro-bono legal firms in your country of residence, introduction to relevant impact investors, invitation to the alumni board of trustees, and constant human support.
At the end of the training, participants will each receive technical support from a network composed of:
- Successful peers (other young social entrepreneurs) who would make themselves regularly available – via email – to help address challenges related to day-to-day implementation of their social enterprise;
- International mentors from the corporate sector that would brainstorm with the participants helping them to follow the strategic plan, matching them with potential investors and following the development of their ideas
The successful applicants will be asked to participate in different surveys to monitor and evaluate the outcomes of the project throughout the process of training, mentoring and incubation.
Training will happen in Torino, Italy late November 2018. There is no participation fee, and all participants will be provided with round-trip tickets to Torino as well as accommodation, meals and visa support.
Do you have a social enterprise or are you in the process of establishing one? Do you want to create social and economic opportunities for you and for others around you? Do you want to improve social issues in your community and across the Mediterranean? Are you between 18 and 35 years old? Do you have the courage to challenge yourself? They are looking for you!
In order to be considered for selection, candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- To have a social enterprise (or be in the process of establishing a social enterprise), which is either leveraging cultural and religious diversity or promoting broader social change and can potentially create economic opportunities and social inclusion for a specific community or across communities. The social enterprise can already be established or be in its initial stages, the applicant must demonstrate how its idea is grounded and sustainable.
- To be between 18 and 35 years by the deadline to apply.
- To hold a passport valid until at least 6 months after the expected date of entry into the country eventually issuing the visa.
- To have the social enterprise headquartered in one of the following 26 countries: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Morocco, Palestinian territories, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey.
- To be fluent in spoken English.
Organizers will adopt the following selection criteria:
- Applicant’s background;
- Applicant’s motivation and talent;
- Objectives of the social enterprise;
- Capacity to frame social context and diversity issues;
- Capacity to address social and economic challenges;
- Capacity of the social enterprise to generate employment;
- Financial sustainability of the social enterprise.
A total of 25 young social entrepreneurs will be selected through a competitive call for applications. The application form (see online under APPLY) is composed of three phases.
- Phase 1: Phase I consists of a preliminary questionnaire with a number of compulsory discriminatory questions.
- Phase 2: Only pre-selected applicants will be invited to submit this part of the application. Phase II of the application consists of two parts:
- Video about Your Dream
- In depth social enterprise questions
- Phase 3: The best 50 to 60 applicants from phase 2 will be invited to an interview
For more information, visit Entrepreneurs For Social Change.