Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) Nairobi 2018 Photo Competition for Africans
Deadline: August 5, 2018
Entries are invited for the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) Nairobi 2018 Photo Competition. This year, the GLF Nairobi 2018 event aims to inspire action around Africa’s degraded landscapes by highlighting successful restoration stories on the ground. Showing the diversity and complexity of Africa’s landscapes is key to driving this critical conversation and they need you!
Capture Africa’s landscapes through your lens! Put Africa’s landscapes into the spotlight: be it the savannahs or mountains, wildlife or concrete jungles, human portraits, traditions or innovative restoration or your backyard! All angles are welcome.
- The winner will walk away with a USD 500 cash prize and receive global visibility across digital and social coverage with due credit.
- They will showcase the winning photos at the GLF Nairobi event, held at the UN Environment campus and attended by policy makers, private sector companies, organizations, press, youth, and community groups.
- The competition is open to anyone and everyone, whether you are a photo enthusiast or a professional photographer.
- To participate, upload your photos here.
- Upload the photos along with a title, the contributor’s name and a short description of the location and subject, keeping African landscapes in focus.
- Online audiences votes will decide the most popular photos. From these, a panel of handpicked experts will chose the winner and runner-ups.
Once applications are closed, online voting will be open between 8-15 August 2018. Winner and runner-ups to be announced on 21 August 2018.
For more information, visit GLF Nairobi 2018.