Deadline: August 15, 2018
The Institut Français in collaboration with the French Institute in South Africa (IFAS) invites applications for the 2019 Artist Residency Programme to be held at the Cité Internationale des arts in Paris. This programme is intended for artists wishing to develop a research and creation project in Paris, for a period of three or six months.
The Cité internationale des arts in Paris was founded in 1965. Since then, artists have been coming from all over the world to take part in its artist-in-residence programmes. The Cité encourages cross-cultural dialogue and provides a place where artists can meet with their public and other professionals.
Every month, in partnership with 135 French and international organisations, the Cité welcome more than 300 artists from a wide range of disciplines for residencies.
The period of residency shall be three (3) or six (6) months. The winners’ residency periods must comply with the calendar for the year 2019 available in the application form (no mid-month arrivals or departures).
The following categories are highlighted for 2019, but you can also present a project from a category of your own choice:
- Young public
- Environment/Sustainable Development
- Art and Territories
- Technical and Technological Research and Innovation
What will be provided:
- A return flights
- A studio with accommodation at Cité Internationale des Arts.
What the resident will need to provide or find extra fundings for:
- Insurance for hospitalisation, medical expenses, repatriation and civil liability
- A 500 euros security deposit to be returned at the end of the stay providing that the studio-apartment has been left in good condition.
- A production budget.
- The artist must – Live in South Africa
- Already be active in his/her professional life
- Be proficient in French and/or English
- Provide proof of previous artistic work
- Be sufficiently independent to manage his/her residency
- Be free of any professional obligations throughout his/her residency period
- There is no age limit.
Artistic fields: Projects from the following field can be selected: Architecture/Landscaping/Urban planning, Visual arts Street arts, Street arts/Puppets, Digital arts, Comic arts, Cinema/Animated cinema/, Creation documentary, Exhibition curator, Design, Graphic arts, Literature/Children’s literature, Art trades, Current music, Photography, Classic & contemporary music, Virtual reality, Music for film and video games.
Before to apply, please read carefully the residency details.
Send your application form duly completed with all the required documents before 15 August 2018, included.
For more information, visit Residency Programme.