UN Special Rapporteur Human Rights Youth Challenge 2018 (Win a trip to Geneva, Switzerland)
Deadline: August 6, 2018
The UN Special Rapporteur on the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation, Mr. Léo Heller, invites entries for the Human Rights Youth Challenge 2018. For this year’s International Youth Day on 12 August 2018, the UN Special Rapporteur is organizing an online challenge to raise awareness among the youth about the human rights to water and sanitation.
The UN Special Rapporteur will choose a submission that demonstrates an excellent understanding of the human rights to water and sanitation and that clearly expresses what the human rights to water and sanitation mean to youth.
The Challenge: Show your knowledge, understanding and passion about the human rights to water and sanitation by creating an original submission about the human rights to water and sanitation and upload it to a social media network (Instagram, YouTube, Facebook or Twitter).
Prize and Benefits
The UN Special Rapporteur will invite the winner to travel to Geneva, Switzerland and to speak at a sideevent of the 39th session of the UN Human Rights Council organized by the UN Special Rapporteur on the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation. He or she will address the Geneva-based UN community, introducing the submission created for the challenge and/or speaking about the situation of the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation of his or her country.
Travel costs will be covered. The dates for travelling to Geneva: TBC 10 or 11 September 2018
If the selected winner is under-aged, he or she shall be accompanied by a legal guardian. Application for visa and insurance coverage will be the responsibility of the selected winner.
- All persons between the ages of 15 and 24 years, as of 12 August 2018.
- Submission can be in any language or format ranging from a photo, audio, video, text and combinations thereof.
- There is no limitation on the size or time as long as you can upload it on social media.
The winner will be selected based on two criteria without any order of priority.
- Demonstration of understanding of the human rights to water and sanitation
- Creativity and attractiveness of the submission.
- Upload your submission anywhere online and share it with one of the UN Special Rapporteur’s accounts: @UNSRwatsan on Instagram and @SRwatsan on Facebook and Twitter.
- Mark the submission by including the hashtag #Youth4watsan and tagging the Special Rapporteur’s account.
Announcement of the winner: International Youth Day (12 August).
Please contact the mandate of the UN Special Rapporteur on the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation at: [email protected] or through any social media accounts.
For more information, visit Human Rights Youth Challenge.