Apply for AFRINIC Fellowship to attend AFRINIC-29 Meeting in Tunisia 2018 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: August 24, 2018
Applications for the AFRINIC Fellowship Programme are now open. The AFRINIC Fellowship Programme provides opportunities for individuals from African countries who have an interest in Internet operations and governance to participate in AFRINIC-29.
AFRINIC is offering fellowships for the AFRINIC-29 meeting to be held in Tunis, Tunisia from 26 November to 30 November 2018. The fellowship is reserved for individuals representing small organizations, universities, and media who are actively involved in Internet operations and development or ICT policies in their countries.The AFRINIC service region.
The fellowship provides basic financial assistance to applicants who fulfill the eligibility criteria and who are subsequently selected by the Fellowship Committee. Successful fellows will receive an award to partially cover travel and living expenses associated with attending AFRINIC-29.
The selected fellow is expected to actively contribute to Internet Number Resource Management awareness in the AFRINIC service region prior, during and after the meeting. He/She is also expected to provide reports on how this fellowship has benefited his/her organisation/country.
The fellowship includes:
- Full support with round-trip airfare to the meeting venue
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the AFRINIC Plenary sessions, from the day before the beginning of the Plenary to the last day of the event
- A per diem allowance
The AFRINIC fellowship is for individuals representing small organisations, universities, and organisation that are actively involved in Internet operations and development or ICT policy in their countries and respective communities.
To qualify for the fellowship, you:
- Must be a resident of an African nation
- Don’t need to be an AFRINIC member
- Should have a technical (IT, Computer Science) background
- Must not have not benefited from previous AFRINIC fellowships
- Must be willing to report on how this fellowship has benefited you/your organisation/country within an agreed time frame
Upon selection, AFRINIC will notify the selected fellows and allow them (20) days to accept or reject the offer. A public announcement of the fellowship will be made after the acceptance by the selected candidates.
If you think you meet the criteria Above, please fill in the application form and submit it with requested information before 24 August 2018, 00:00 UTC.
For more information, visit AFRINIC Fellowship.