Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship 2019 for U.S. Students (Up to $20,000)
Deadline: October 31, 2018
Applications are open for the Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship for students who will be graduating in the 2018-2019 academic school year. The Coca-Cola Scholars Program scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities.
With the 30th class in 2018, the Foundation has provided over 6,000 Coca-Cola Scholars with more than $66 million in educational support. 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship. The application for this program closed on October 31, 2017, and all applicants have been notified of their status via email.
Applicants must be:
- Current high school (or home-schooled) student attending a school in the U.S. (or select DoD schools) who will graduate during the 2018-2019 academic school year
- U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, or Humanitarian Parolees – based on the guidelines utilized by U.S. Department of Education for Federal Financial Aid eligibility
- Will receive high school diploma during current academic year
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
Applicants may not be:
- Children or grandchildren of employees, officers, or owners of Coca-Cola bottling companies, The Coca-Cola Company, Company divisions or subsidiaries.
- International students (with the exception of students at DoD schools)
- High school graduates
- Temporary residents
Read the information below before you start your application in August of 2018 so you can be fully prepared.
The 2018-2019 application has been revamped for this year’s cycle to make the user experience easier and more efficient. We hope this new format will allow more applicants to complete the application and give the Foundation a better understanding of their high school success.
The application will open Wednesday, August 1, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. Eastern and will close Wednesday, October 31, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern.
List of Items to prepare
- A high school transcript – There is no need to upload, email, mail, fax, or submit in any other fashion, a copy of your transcript. While completing the application, you will be asked to type in your specific grades since your freshman year and their course levels. Having your transcript nearby will help you fill in this information.
- Contact info – The names, email addresses and phone numbers of your guidance counselor and principal.
- A list of school and non-school related clubs and organizations in which you have participated since your freshman year as well as any corresponding leadership positions.
- A list of honors and awards that you received when participating in school and non-school-related clubs and organizations and the level of each award (Local, State, Regional, or National/International) since your freshman year.
- A list of volunteer organizations with which you have served and the number of hours served with each, plus any awards and honors that you have received for your participation since freshman year.
- A list of employment during school and during the summer. You will need to know weeks and hours worked.
Collecting this information will help you complete the online application. They do not request nor accept any supplemental information, including high school transcripts, letters of recommendation, essays, personal statements, head shots, or any other items outside of the online application. Any item mailed, emailed, or faxed to the Foundation will be recycled.
The 2018-2019 application has been revamped for this year’s cycle to make the user experience easier and more efficient. They hope this new format will allow more applicants to complete the application and give the Foundation a better understanding of their high school success.
High school seniors may apply here through Wednesday, October 31, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern.
For more information, visit Coca-Cola Scholars Program.