HER Voice Fund 2018 for Organizations working on Adolescent Girls and Young Women ($2,000 grants)
Application for the HER Voice Fund are currently being accepted. HER Voice Fund is giving USD 2000 grants for activities meant to influence policy processes in 13 African countries. Funds address financial access barriers limiting community based organizations working on adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) to add a voice to policy processes.
HER Voice is based on the principle that adolescent girls and young women have a vital role to play in driving and shaping the HIV response. Their experiences and needs must be central for policy making, program design and implementation.
Grant and Awards
Applicants can submit requests for grants up to the equivalent of USD 2’000 (two thousand American dollars).
HER Voice reserves the right to award smaller amounts based on review of proposed activities and budget proposal included in the application. Please, note that applicants can submit multiple requests for different activities taking place at different times.
HER Voice Fund support logistic and administrative costs related to the 4 areas below:
- Community Consultation
- Policy and Advocacy
- Communication and Outreach
Various activities qualify for funding under HER Voice. The list below is not exhaustive and provides examples of activities that can be supported under HER Voice.
- Administrate costs related to community based activities such as: Community consultations and mobilization that are relevant to national or sub-national/ district AGYW and youth related policy and programming processes related to adolescent and young women’s health. These could include communication costs travel, venue hire, stationery and other related meeting costs.
- Travel and accommodation costs related to participation in constituency, community or national consultations relevant to national AGYW and youth related policy and programme processes supported by or linked to the Global Fund. This may include preparation of funding requests, programme design, grant making, monitoring of programmes and reviews.
- Travel and accommodation costs related to participation in relevant country processes on issues that affect adolescent and young women’s health.
- Internet costs related to participation in online meetings or group chats related to community or national consultations or other information and experience sharing platforms relevant for AGYW and youth related policy and programming processes supported by or linked to the Global Fund.
- Translation of document for the purposes of understanding relevant AGYW and youth related policy and programming processes supported by or linked to the Global Fund.
To be eligible to HER Voice funding, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be based in one of the 13 countries listed in the section eligible countries.
- Be a registered or unregistered group, network or community-based organization of adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) or young people; or a community-based organization implementing programs for AGYW and/or youth.
- Be working on or willing to engage in national policy discussions, program design and monitoring processes relevant for Global Fund supported programs; and with focus on adolescent health, HIV prevention and treatment, sexual reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and gender-based violence (GBV).
- Demonstrate community work experience and willingness to mobilize peer groups.
Interested applicants from the following countries are eligible to apply to HER Voice:
- South Africa
Applications will be reviewed on the 15th and the 30th day of each month. HER Voice will assess your proposal and provide you with feedback on the outcome within 5 days following the closure of each proposals review period. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit the application as early as possible to allow sufficient time for approval and processing of disbursements.
For more information, visit HER Voice Fund.