CIVICUS Internship: Digital Communications in Johannesburg, Geneva, or New York ($1500 monthly salary)
Deadline: August 10, 2018
CIVICUS, the global civil society alliance, is looking for an energetic, digital communications savvy, self-starter who is passionate about communications to work with our globally-focused communications team for a 6-month internship. Speak French, Spanish, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, or Arabic & studying or looking for work in digital communications? Apply now to join CIVICUS in Johannesburg, Geneva, or New York.
The successful candidate will be excited by CIVICUS mission to strengthen civil society and citizen action around the world, and be committed to protecting the fundamental civic freedoms that allow us to speak out, organise and take action. The intern will help to implement digital communications for CIVICUS’s programmes, working with the communications team to promote and disseminate information about progressive activist movements, while also building their own technical skills and knowledge around civic space.
At CIVICUS our focus is simple: to strengthen civil society and citizen action for a more just, inclusive and sustainable world. We do this by defending civic freedoms and democratic values; strengthening the power of people to organize, mobilise and take action; and empowering a more accountable, effective, and innovative civil society.
- DURATION: Six Months
- SALARY: $1500 per month
- START DATE: September 2018
The Digital Communications Intern will work closely with communications and other staff to produce and disseminate communications, in particular communicating CIVICUS knowledge about civil society, being part of advocacy efforts to protect people’s rights to speak out, organise, and take action, and amplify marginalised voices, especially from the Global South.
The internship will primarily focus on:
- Media and media related tasks. media monitoring of CIVICS media hits and OpEd placement, helping to draft press releases for key moments, production of media fact sheets, drafting of media placements.
- Website: Upload articles for CIVICUS’ websites, fix non-technical issues related to CIVICUS’ website, use web analytics to contribute to understanding of how audiences engage with content.
- Social media: identify social media opportunities, produce social media graphics and short videos using no experience needed online tools
- Newsletters: Draft e-newsletters, help to curate email list servs
- Holding or in pursuit of a degree/qualification related to communications
- A portfolio of previous work related to digital communications
- Interest and knowledge related to civil society, activism and global issues.
- Experience using social media – especially twitter, facebook, instagram
- Ability to communicate simply and clearly, with written and design skills
- Ability to work on a team
- Computer, internet,email, microsoft office
- Excellent English language -spoken and written
- Fluency in another UN language (French, Spanish, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, or Arabic) – desirable
end your CV/Resume to [email protected] before August 10 2018 Applicants are encouraged to also share examples of previous of examples of work related to digital communications. In your email, please indicate your availability for the internship. Feel free to email us with any questions you may have about the internship.
For more information, visit CIVICUS Internship.