Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship 2019 for Women (Up to US $10,000)
Deadline: November 15, 2018
Applications are open for the Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship 2019. The Amelia Earhart Fellowship was established in 1938 in honor of famed pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart. The Fellowship is awarded annually to up to 30 women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering. It may be used at any university or college offering accredited post-graduate courses and degrees in these fields.
Globally, women make up less than 30 percent of the workforce in physics, computer sciences and engineering, according to U.S. News & World Report. In an effort to carry out its mission that women have access to all resources and are represented in decision-making positions on an equal basis with men, Zonta International offers the Amelia Earhart Fellowship.
Since the program’s inception in 1938, Zonta has awarded 1,573 Amelia Earhart Fellowships, totaling more than US$10 million, to 1,144 women representing 73 countries. Their Fellows have gone on to become astronauts, aerospace engineers, astronomers, professors, geologists, business owners, heads of companies, even Secretary of the US Air Force.
- Up to US$10,000 is awarded to selected fellows
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering are eligible;
- Students must be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program and completed at least one year of that program or have received a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field at the time the application is submitted;
- Applicants must not graduate from their Ph.D. or doctoral program before April 2020. Please note that post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship;
- Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are also not eligible to apply for the Fellowship. Note that previous Amelia Earhart Fellows are not eligible to apply to renew the Fellowship for a second year.
For more information, visit Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship 2019.