Deadline: November 30, 2018 / December 14, 2018 (for students)
Entries are invited for the Bournemouth University/if:book UK New Media Writing Prize 2018. The New Media Writing Prize is an international Award for Digitally-Born Writing. It showcases exciting and inventive stories that integrate a variety of formats, platforms, and digital media.
This international prize is now in its 9th year. The prize encourages and promotes the best in new media writing and is leading the way toward the future of the ‘written’ word and storytelling. The NMWP has attracted entries from the very best and most innovative writers in the field.
There will be four prizes for this year:
- The if:book UK New Media Writing Award: £1000 donated by if:book UK, where the winner may also be a student
- The Unicorn Student Award: A paid work-placement of 3 months at Unicorn Training, Bournemouth, UK, or £500 in cash if the winner is unable to take up the internship
- The Dot Award: £500 and development support, offered by if:book UK
- The Cision Journalism Award: £750 for the winner
- The contest is free and open to any person whatever his/her age or nationality;
- BU assumes that where an entrant is under 18, the entrant’s parents have consented to his/her entry in the Competition and his/her agreement to be bound by the Rules.
The objective of this Competition is to reward the best new media work based on the following criteria:
- Innovative use of new media to create an engaging, satisfying narrative or poem;
- Ease of accessibility for the reader/viewer;
- Effective use of interactive elements;
- An example of how new media can do things that traditional media cannot do;
- The potential to reach out to a wide audience, i.e. not just specialist interest groups.
For more information, visit New Media Writing Prize.