Goethe-Institut International Coproduction Fund 2019 for Artists and Ensembles & Initiatives Abroad and in Germany (€25,000)
Deadline: October 15, 2018
The Goethe-Institut International Coproduction Fund 2019 is open for applications. International coproductions epitomize a form of artistic collaboration involving partnership and dialogue. With a view to encouraging new collaborative working processes and innovative productions involving international cultural exchange, the Goethe-Institut set up a new coproduction fund in the summer of 2016 to promote new working networks and approaches within a global context and to explore new forms of intercultural collaboration.
This funding is intended for coproductions by artists in the fields of theatre, dance, music and performance art, in which hybrid and interdisciplinary formats and the use of digital media may be key components. The target group comprises professional artists and ensembles abroad and in Germany, which demonstrably lack sufficient resources to realize their coproduction project on their own.
With the International Coproduction Fund the Goethe-Institut would like to support the unrestricted international and intercultural exchange of artists and their ideas. The facilitation of such an exchange and the networking it spawns among the various players are equally as important as the productions resulting from the project.
- The target group comprises professional artists, ensembles and initiatives in Germany and abroad which demonstrably lack sufficient resources to bring their co-production project to fruition on their own.
- The application must be jointly submitted with a foreign partner, and must show that a good working relationship already exists and that both parties are interested in building a joint production together.
- Preference will be given to projects between German and non-European partners, particularly from transition countries
- Expected artistic quality of the project
- Innovative potential in the form and content of the collaboration
- Relevance of the participating artists in their respective scenes
- Budget indicating project partners’ own contributions and a solid financial plan
- A balanced project partnership, not dominated by one partner
- At least one performance to be given in one of the participating countries, ideally in other countries as well
- Preference will be given to projects between German and non-European partners, especially from transition countries
- The project’s potential to contribute significantly to current social discourse
- Applicants should be prepared to participate in an event demonstrating the exchange of coproduction knowhow at the end of the agreed grant period
- No applications for guest performance funding
- The projects submitted should embrace only the performing arts (no outright film or exhibition projects)
Applications to the International Coproduction Fund are made by electronic means using an online form. The application form is only available in English and applications can only be submitted in English.
This blank application form will give you an overview of the structure of the online form.
This manual for the application form gives you information on the fields to be completed and the documents to be submitted. Please read the information thoroughly before you complete an application.
For more information, visit Goethe-Institut.