Facebook Research Emerging Scholars Awards 2019 (up to $37,000)
Deadline: October 12, 2018
Applications are open for the Facebook Research Emerging Scholars Awards 2019. The Emerging Scholars Awards are designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering.
Applications will be accepted from students with research related to one of the following areas:
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Programming Languages
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- UX/Instagram Well-being
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- $37,000 grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit
- Open to first or second year full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research in an accredited university in any country;
- Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines;
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded;
- Must fit the criteria of an under-represented minority in the technology sector.
Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s proposed research and their recommendation letters.
Application must include:
- 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- 2 letters of recommendation to be uploaded with your application. Please provide reference email addresses, and one reference must be from an academic advisor
For more information, visit Facebook Research Emerging Scholars Awards.