Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarships 2019 for Australians to Study in Asia
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Applications are open for the Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarships 2019. Valued at $12,000, the scholarship supports undergraduates who are interested in Asia, and want to actively contribute to Australia’s success in Asia in their chosen field.
As a scholarship recipient you will be given the opportunity to spend up to two semesters studying at a leading Asian University. You will be encouraged to build your own adventure by having the freedom and flexibility to individualise your exchange and enhance your experience through a range of opportunities beyond the classroom. This may be a local internship, volunteering, work experience or intensive language course to enrich your Asian adventure.
- Global leadership development: An exciting feature of the Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship is the immersive Leadership Development Program. Incorporating online and face-to-face components, you will increase key employability skills vital to the future of work, further develop cultural intelligence, extend your networks, and strengthen targeted leadership capabilities for a globalised world. This unique learning experience will include four days in Shanghai to allow you to deeply immerse yourself in an issue prevalent to the Asian region, with access to senior leaders and subject matter experts.
- In addition to the Leadership Development Program, you will have a unique opportunity to be a lifelong member of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network, attend the annual Westpac Scholars’ Summit and connect with your local Westpac Asia office.
- W100 Scholars Network: As a Westpac Scholar, you will become a member of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network. Growing by 100 scholars each year, from all five programs, the network offers a unique opportunity for networking, mentorship, collaboration, and learning and development opportunities for life.
- Westpac Scholars’ Summit: This is your opportunity to find out what it really means to be a Westpac Scholar. An annual event that brings together Westpac Scholars from across all five scholarship programs to participate in tailored workshops, hear from business and academic luminaries, and form connections with fellow scholars.
Once arriving in your host Asian city, you will be invited to attend a Westpac Welcome Event. This is your chance to meet those in the local office, including your Westpac Buddies. Westpac Buddies will be available to share their networks, experiences and insights on professional development, cross-cultural communication and local knowledge about the city you are studying in.
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Studying full time at a participating Australian university (all fields of study are eligible)
- Enrolled in second year or beyond when commencing their exchange
- Holding a minimum of a credit average
- Intending to do a one or two semester exchange, commencing in Semester 2, 2019
- Scholarships are open to students from all walks of life, who have the passion, ideas and drive to be an advocate for Australia’s relationship with Asia. Westpac Asian Exchange Scholars will demonstrate the following:
- A clear understanding of Asia’s role in Australia’s future prosperity.
- A desire to learn about a specific Asian culture, language, tradition or business through a combination of academic study and cultural immersion.
- The potential and ambition to contribute to strengthening Australia-Asia in their future endeavours.
- A genuine desire to be an active member of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
They will be awarding up to 40 Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarships for Semester 2, 2019.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit Westpac Scholarship.