U.S. Latino Leadership Fellowship 2019 at Harvard Kennedy School (Fully-funded)
Deadline: February 1, 2018
Applications are open for the U.S. Latino Leadership Fellowship 2019 at Harvard Kennedy School. The U.S. Latino Leadership Fellowship brings together talented and emerging leaders who are committed agents of transformation in U.S. Latino and other underserved communities.
U.S. Latino Leadership Fellows have addressed disparities in their communities through efforts in public policy, education, economic development, health care, immigration, social entrepreneurship, and a variety of other fields. The Fellowship is a game-changing opportunity for practitioners, scholars, and activists ready to lead the transformation of U.S. Latino and other underserved communities.
U.S. Latino Leadership fellows are leaders who:
- Create sustainable change in underserved communities by leveraging community assets
- Inspire new ideas and innovative change in local and national programs and policies
- Build cross-sector partnerships and collaborations
- U.S. Latino Leadership Fellows are awarded a full tuition scholarship and health fees for up to two years, depending on the length of their graduate degree program
- Fellows are eligible for a living stipend up to $25,000 for up to two years depending on their master’s degree program
- Applicants will be considered based on their leadership potential and demonstrated interest in reducing disparities in U.S. Latino and other underserved communities in the United States. Successful candidates will also demonstrate excellent academic credentials
- A comprehensive co-curricular leadership development program set within the Harvard ecosystem—a robust network of faculty, students, and opportunity.
- Open to all admitted degree program students at Harvard Kennedy School. Domestic students from underrepresented groups with an interest in government, medicine, law, education, business and public health are encouraged to apply;
- Award decisions will be primarily merit-based but with a consideration for financial need as determined by the HKS Student Financial Services.
Applicants must submit:
- A biographical profile, not to exceed 150 words. (This profile should be short, concise and in the third person.) Please include the following highlights: an introductory sentence including your name; the degree you are pursuing at Harvard Kennedy School in addition to any joint degree at Harvard or concurrent degree program at another graduate or professional institution; where you are from and where you currently reside; an overview and highlights of your relevant work/professional experience; significant leadership achievements including awards or certifications; and educational credentials with the degrees earned and institutions attended.
- A document containing written responses to the following two essay prompts:
- Please discuss a topic you are passionate about as it pertains to reducing disparities in U.S. Latino communities and your experiences as it relates to this topic. Please use specific examples in your response (750 words or less.)
- Please discuss your interest in the U.S. Latino Fellowship and how your leadership goals have motivated you to apply (200 words or less).
- Step 1: Apply to Harvard Kennedy School: Application deadline is Monday, December 3, 2017 at 5:00 pm EST.
- Step 2: Apply for the Fellowship: Application deadline for the U.S. Latino Leadership Fellowship is early February, 2019.
For more information, visit U.S. Latino Leadership Fellowship.