India Fellow Social Leadership Program 2019 for Young Indians
Deadline: November 30, 2018
Applications are open for the India Fellow Social Leadership Program 2019. India Fellow is a 13-month experience like no other. Discover your journey, understand social issues, work towards development and find meaning in what you do.
The India Fellow program design has 3 prime pieces that fit into each other over the duration of 13 months.
- Training, Peer Learning & Workshops: The fellowship has approximately 7 weeks spread over the duration of overall 13 months where the fellows meet at a common point for training. This is into 3 parts namely:-
(i) induction training (18 days) at the start
(ii) mid point training (12 days) at the end of 5 months
(iii) travel workshop (10 days) and end point training (4 days) at the end
The India Fellow pedagogy is unique. It engages a very strong collective of multiple sector leaders, academicians, practitioners from the development sector and young leaders. The training focus on development theory and practice, leadership skills, program management, organizational development and innovative approaches including design thinking, participatory rural appraisal and systems thinking.
- Work Assignment with Host Organization: The volume wise biggest chunk of the fellow life will be spent with a reputed, authentic and committed grassroots organization. These are spread across the country and delve into diverse thematic areas. During this, the fellow will be living in their work areas, both rural or urban setups, and working closely with the organization’s team to understand the social framework and development approach. The immersion with the organization inculcates sensitivity, deeper understanding and consciousness and is a powerful experience for the fellow to look inwards as well as issues India faces at large. The fellow not only learns but also contributes to the organization by bringing their skills and enthusiasm on board.
- Mentor-ship & The Network Support: Every fellow from the third month onward is exposed to a pool of mentors, both from the organization as well as the fellowship. A mentor is an expert with huge experience in their domain and will be a philosopher and guide to the fellow in his/her journey. Their role will be more geared to the fellow’s development than the fellowship or work assignments. Along with that, the fellowship ecosystem that consists of trainers, alumni, personnel from various host organizations and the program team are constantly available and interacting with the fellows to enrich the experience as friends and coaches.
The organization supports the fellow with a monthly stipend of Rs. 15,000 for living expenses like accommodation, food and travel.
- Space For Fellow To Explore
- Community Centric Assignment
- Dedicated Time From Supervisor
- A Senior Member To Mentor
- You are between 21 to 28 years of age
- You are already a graduate (in any discipline) or will be by Feb 2019 before fellowship begins
- You are an Indian citizen
- You are ready for a 13 month full time commitment to the fellowship
- You understand that this is not just a job and will expect you to be engaged 24X7 in the process with the community
- You understand that you can be placed in any part of the country and in any thematic area
The selection to India Fellow is a 3-step process:
- Applicants fill a detailed online application form which is also your statement of purpose.
- Shortlisted candidates will go through a telephonic conversation with the India Fellow team.
- Those who qualify after that, will be invited for an assessment day and personal interview in one of our centers – Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai.
Final selections will be announced only after the personal interview, 45 days prior to the commencement date of the fellowship.
For more information, visit India Fellow Program.