Call for Proposals: Education Research in Africa Award 2018
Deadline: October 15, 2018
The third round of competition for the Education Research in Africa Award (ERAA) is now open. The Award aims to promote high quality education research, produced by African universities, research centers and research networks.
The research works of candidates can focus on a wide range of thematic areas, but the following will receive special attention: technical and vocational skills development (TVSD); early childhood development and education (ECDE); information and communication technology (ICT); science, technology and innovation (STI); gender issues; special education needs; teacher training and the teaching profession.
This year the Award will also give special attention to education, training or capacity building works related to the African Development Bank’s five operational priorities known as High 5s: energy, food and agriculture, industrialization, continental integration and improving the quality of life for the people.
The objectives of the Education Research in Africa Award are:
- Strengthening the link between education research and education policy-making and practice in Africa;
- Encouraging and supporting Africa-based researchers and their institutions to produce and disseminate rigorous and relevant research that stimulates innovative policy-making for Africa;
- Facilitating interaction between researchers and policy-makers in order to promote the systematic use of research findings in policy conceptualization, formulation, design, implementation and evaluation;
- Facilitating the identification of strong researchers to provide content for the ADEA Knowledge Hub, one of the main pillars of the ADEA Strategic Plan 2018-2020.
There are four award categories:
- emerging educational researcher
- accomplished educational researcher
- outstanding mentor of educational researchers, and
- enabling institutional environment for education research.
Emerging Educational Researchers
- An African researcher based in Africa, aged 35 maximum on December 31, 2018, who conducted and published at least one outstanding and relevant piece of research in education, training or capacity building can compete in this category
Accomplished Educational Researchers
- An African researcher based in Africa for at least three consecutive years at the time of the submission, and who has gained recognition among peers and/or the education community for his or her research production and impact on education, training or capacity building can compete in this category
Outstanding Mentor of Educational Researchers
- An African (based in Africa) who is an accomplished researcher, recognized for his or her contribution to strengthening research capacity through supporting the professional development of Africa-based educational researchers can compete in this category
Enabling Institutional Environment for Educational Research
- A public/non-profit African institution (center, institute, division, department, faculty, or unit) recognized for its leadership and ability to promote and sustain production and dissemination of quality and relevant research in education, training or capacity building can compete in this category.
- CATEGORY 1: Emerging Educational Researcher
- CATEGORY 2: Accomplished Educational Researcher
- CATEGORY 3: Outstanding Mentor of Educational Researchers
- CATEGORY 4: Enabling Institutional Environment for Educational Research
For more information, visit Education Research in Africa Award.