SU-Africa Postgraduate Scholarship for Excellence in Campus Life 2019 (Up to R32,400)
Deadline: October 1, 2018
Applications are invited for the SU-Africa Postgraduate Scholarship for Excellence in Campus Life 2019. The Stellenbosch University offers two scholarships to students with a high level of need and good academic performance. The scholarship will be available to postgraduate students enrolled at the Stellenbosch University.
The Stellenbosch University is amongst South Africa’s leading tertiary institutions based on research output, student pass rates and rated scientists, and is recognized internationally as an academic institution of excellence.
- Two bursaries for R32,400 each are available for postgraduate full time studies in 2019.
- Open to students who hold citizenship from African countries. South African citizens are not eligible;
- Applicants may be in any field of Postgraduate study;
- Be in Full-time study;
- Leadership involvement within the African communities on SU Campuses in the following fields for the past two years: sport, cultural, academics, religion. In order to comply with the requirements candidate need to state 3 outstanding achievements in at least 2 of the following categories, i.e. participation in SU student leadership structures, sport, participation in cultural activities/community involvement, or leadership roles in faith communities or roles within their academic department (e.g. tutor, research assistant);
- Academic cut-off 60% in final year or immediate preceding previous completed degree;
- Two reference letters verifying the criteria must accompany application. One an academic reference and one verifying involvement in Campus activities;
- A CV should accompany the application;
- Although not a requirement for the award, the panel will give preference to applicants who, in addition to the stipulated conditions, demonstrate financial need. Applicant should provide a budget indicating income and expenses for their 2019 academic year;
- Applicant should not be older than 35 years on January 1, 2019.
For more information, visit SU-Africa Postgraduate Scholarship.