Mastercard Foundation Undergraduate Scholars Program at University of Edinburgh 2019/2020 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: November 30, 2018
Applications are open for the Mastercard Foundation Undergraduate Scholars Program at University of Edinburgh 2019/2020. The University of Edinburgh offers a fully funded academic and transformative leadership program for undergraduate and postgraduate students from Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide 80 undergraduate scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities. 30 scholarships are available for the 2019/2020 academic year.
Students will receive comprehensive support to remove barriers to study in Edinburgh and will benefit from extracurricular opportunities including summer schools and internships. The Scholars Program aims to build the abilities and talents of each student so they can make a difference to their home countries and communities on their return.
- Scholarship covers the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance;
- On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh including a series of summer schools, project-based placements, mentorship, and activities during each academic year.
- For undergraduate entry, applicants must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh in any course except Medicine and Vet Medicine
- You need to have achieved your school leaving qualifications in the last three years prior to entry date, for 2019 entry that is from 2016 onwards
- Applicants must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Applicants should not have completed an undergraduate degree previously
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community, and;
- Applicants are able to present economic circumstances which show they lack financial means to pursue higher education in their home country or elsewhere
For more information, visit Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.