CIVICUS Youth Assembly Coordination Internship 2018-2019 (USD$1,200 Stipend)
Deadline: October 26, 2018
Applications are open for the CIVICUS Youth Assembly Coordination Internship 2019. CIVICUS is looking for a young, dynamic and organized intern to coordinate the 2019 Youth Assembly and to engage the CIVICUS youth community online and during the event. The internship is expected to take place over a 6-month period starting from November 15, 2018 until April 15, 2019.
Coordination of the 2019 CIVICUS Youth Assembly, includes:
- Youth Programming
- Identify programmatic partners for the Youth Assembly
- Support the organisation and programme development of the Youth Assembly in coordination with the Youth Action Team and the Serbian Youth Council
- Encourage youth-related events, speakers and representation within the ICSW programme
- Develop new ways to support youth participation (online and onsite) throughout ICSW 2019
- Event Logistics
- Oversee and implement all the Youth Assembly logistics, in collaboration with ICSW 2019 team
- Develop a process for selecting and accepting Youth Assembly participants
- Arrange all supported Youth Assembly participants’ travels
- Develop a virtual Youth Assembly welcome pack
- Participate in ICSW 2019 planning meetings, and all coordination efforts
- Organise the Youth Assembly’s promotion and communications
- Support the ICSW 2019 and Communication teams with all communication needs related to the Youth Assembly, youth events and others, including translation
- Engage with CIVICUS’ youth constituency through CIVICUS social media channels
- Compile Youth Assembly contacts and ensure their import in CIVICUS’ database
- Interns will be paid a monthly stipend of USD$1,200.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in international development, politics, international relations, social sciences or communications;
- Strong understanding of the role of civil society and citizen action;
- Excellent proficiency in social media and online community building;
- Some previous experience in building and managing relationships;
- Some previous experience in communications, planning and/or event management;
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Fluency in Serbian particularly desirable;
- Excellent Internet proficiency as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in international development, politics, international relations, social sciences or communications;
- Proficiency in an additional language (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Russian, or Mandarin);
- Volunteer role in youth communities or organisations.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed CV, a short cover letter outlining their aspirations, availability and suitability for the role and the contact details of two referees to [email protected]
For more information, visit CIVICUS Internship.