Call for Applications: Organizing Partners for the 2018 OD Impact Challenge!
Deadline: November 5, 2018.
Opportunity Desk is pleased to invite interested mentors, partners, and sponsors for the upcoming 2019 Opportunity Desk Impact Challenge. The OD Impact Challenge seeks to recognize and support the efforts of young changemakers working to bring positive change to their communities while projecting the impact Opportunity Desk has made on their work and lives.
The Impact Challenge is set to take place in December 2018 and will be open to all changemakers across the world. We are looking for media partners, prize partners, and outstanding mentors for the challenge.
- Media Partners:
Opportunity Desk is open to working together with media partners across all media platforms, eg: print media, which includes newspapers, magazines, blogs etc. radio, television, youtube and other forms of media.The media partners will support the OD Impact Challenge in the following ways:
- Mobilizing changemakers across the world to participate in the OD Impact Challenge
- Keeping the public aware of the challenge and its outcome.
- Featuring the winners of the impact challenge in their media platforms to amplify their voice and work.
- Prize Partners/ Sponsors:
The prize partners and sponsors will be responsible for awarding the winners of the challenge. Up to 3 winners shall be selected. The prize and form of sponsorship range widely. It could be anything you wish to donate to help amplify the work and impact of the winners. For example, laptops, tablets, free website design, app making, one month or more subscription to a certain course or publication, free media feature of winners, notebooks or better still, offering a fully-funded trip to any of the winners!The prize partners are expected to:
- Work together with OD team to come up with an appropriate award prize for the winners.
- Suggesting and following up with potential partners who could sponsor the award prize.
- Offering their prizes and awards to the winners.
The mentor’s role is open to any professional in any country of the world who is willing to guide the prize winners for a period of three months or more to help them polish their ideas and subsequently, increase the impact of their work. The mentors shall:
- Guide the winners for a period of three months or more
- Act as advisors to the winners and work closely with them to help them identify key areas they need to work on to increase the impact of their work.
- Professionals in any sector who could help amplify the work of the changemakers
- All professionals from any country in the world can apply
- Must be willing to work hand in hand with the Opportunity Desk team before and after the challenge
- Mentors must commit to serve remotely for a period of three months or more beginning from January 2019.
- Media Partners and Prize partners get a one-month free advertising space on the Opportunity Desk website.
- Media Partners and prize partners will have their logo added on our partners’ page.
- Exclusive opportunity to serve as a judge during the Impact Challenge.
- Become officially part of the Opportunity Desk mentors team after the challenge.
- Work together with the award-winning Opportunity Desk team.
- Get an e-certificate signed by Opportunity Desk founder.
Interested parties should send an email expressing their interest with “Media Partner – ODIC 2018″ or “Prize Partner – ODIC 2018” as the subject of the email to email@example.com on or before November 5, 2018.