EPIC-Africa/Rockefeller Foundation African CSO Excellence Awards 2019
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Applications are invited for the EPIC-Africa/Rockefeller Foundation African CSO Excellence Awards 2019. The Awards highlight the importance of organizational capacity to achieve program impact.
The African CSO Excellence Awards reward organizations that demonstrate excellence across eight key elements of organizational capacity: Strategic Ability and Adaptability, Leadership and Governance, Financial Health and Management, Human Resources and Staff Development, Operations, Communications, Partnerships and Alliances, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Your organization will get an opportunity to fundraise on the international GlobalGiving Platform with a series of capacity building workshops for 3 members of staff;
- You will get media visibility and networking opportunities through the African CSO Excellence Awards community;
- The Awards also offer your organization the chance to:
- Assess your organizational capacity
- Receive a confidential capacity diagnostic report to help benchmark your organization
- Increase your visibility to local and international funders
- Increase your credibility by demonstrating transparency and accountability
- All legally registered not-for-profit, or other classification of social purpose organization, founded and led by Africans, composed in majority of African staff and working on major challenges impacting Africa are able to apply;
- Under this definition, international NGOs operating in Africa are not eligible for the Awards but their local partners who fit this description are encouraged to apply.
To apply for the African CSO Excellence Awards, you only need to complete the online application form. You will be asked to upload a few documents as you complete the application form. It is advisable to have these documents ready before you begin filling out the form to facilitate the process. Although not all documents are required, you are strongly encouraged to share as many of them as possible. Doing so demonstrates transparency and accountability which helps to strengthen your organization’s credibility.
- Certificate of Registration (Proof of legal registration is required to be eligible to apply for the awards)
Optional Documents (But strongly encouraged)
- Current strategic plan
- Human resources manual or other staff development policies
- Most recent audited financial statement
- Financial management procedures or policies
- Communications strategy
- Most recent annual report
For more information, visit African CSO Excellence Awards.