Call for Nominations: International Gender Equality Prize 2019
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Call for nominations are open for the International Gender Equality Prize 2019. The prize, which will be awarded for the second time in autumn 2019, can go to a person or organisation working to promote gender equality in an internationally significant way.
The prize, established in 2017 in honour of the 100th anniversary of Finland’s independence, was first awarded to Federal Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel, whose life’s work has made her one of the world’s most influential people and an example to many women and girls. The International Gender Equality Prize is awarded once every two years in cooperation with the City of Tampere. The next prize will be awarded in autumn 2019.
- The prize includes a sum of EUR 300,000, which is intended not for the recipients themselves, but is rather directed to a cause that advances gender equality.
- Open to person or an organisation that has advanced gender equality in a globally significant way;
- Nominations must be written in English;
- All relevant information must be included in the form; additional information sent separately will not be accepted;
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
For more information, visit International Gender Equality Prize.