Reuters Journalism Training Program for EMEA 2019
Deadline: November 30, 2018
Applications are open for the Reuters Journalism Training Program 2019. The Program is an opportunity for recent graduates, early career reporters, or professionals with 2-3 years’ experience who are looking to switch careers into journalism.
The program in 2019 will consist of 9 months of formal and on-the-job journalism training, initially for one month in London, followed by one of Reuters’ other main reporting newsrooms or bureaus across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Reuters is excited to work with emerging talents who can tell stories about finance, politics and people from new perspectives and in different formats. As a global business they rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on their goals. To ensure they can do that, they seek diverse, talented and qualified employees with proven knowledge and passion for business, markets and/or multimedia and data journalism.
- Competitive pay
- Placements in a bureau in EMEA
- Fast-paced reporting on top news stories of the day
- Opportunity to develop journalism skills
- You must have the legal right to work in either Europe, Middle East or Africa to be considered for this program;
- Applicants must show clear commitment to a career in journalism
- Have drive to build sources, break news and deliver deeply reported stories
- Strong interest in issues that affect companies, markets and economies
- Ability to generate original, relevant story ideas
- Ambition to deliver journalism with real impact
- Fluency in written English
- Fluency in a second language beneficial but not compulsory
- An international outlook
Other desired skills include
- Knowledge or expertise in a relevant field such as banking, financial analysis, accounting, law or computer science
- Up to 3 years of professional journalism experience
- Proven ability to generate exclusive and agenda-setting stories
- Experience in multi-media story-telling
- Expertise in data analysis or data-driven journalism
- Understanding of how to use social media to report and find sources
How to Apply
- You should apply directly via the careers site
- Please ensure that your CV is no more than two pages long and written in English.
- All applications must be supported by a Cover Letter
For more information, visit Reuters Journalism Training Program.