CoreNet Global Academic Challenge 4.0 (Fully-funded to the Global Summit in Hong Kong + US$5,000)
Deadline: November 30, 2018
The CoreNet Global Academic Challenge 4.0 – Hong Kong is open for applications. The goal of this global competition is to raise awareness of corporate real estate as a viable career opportunity amongst college students of all academic disciplines, to connect local chapters and members of the association with future talent, and encourage more universities to include corporate real estate in their curricula.
Forward-thinking leaders of today are focused on the potential disruptors of tomorrow. What is the next big technological shakeup? Are corporate real estate professionals poised to predict, prepare, and participate in the changes that will affect the built environment? What impact will automation and human-machine cooperation, blockchain, artificial and anticipatory intelligence, and the internet of things have on the financial services, insurance, and manufacturing sectors? How will they transform the employee and customer experience – and what does it all mean for a company’s real estate portfolio?
Your client is a global leader in either the financial services, insurance, or the manufacturing sector. Identify the potential technology disruptors your team believes are most likely to impact your client’s global corporate real estate footprint. Then, create short-term and long-term strategies that put corporate real estate at the forefront of technological innovation – and enable business success.
CLARIFICATION: Once the three teams have been selected as finalists, they will be assigned a corporate profile including revenue, demographic, portfolio, and strategic information to help get them started (see the list on page 6 for a sampling of corporations that employ CoreNet Global members who generally attend the annual conference). Only teams selected as finalists will be shown the corporate profiles.
- Three teams will be selected from among all the complete submissions received.
- Teams and their faculty advisors will be provided transportation* to the Global Summit in Hong Kong, and provided with lodging and Summit admission during the competition. It is expected that faculty advisors will travel with each finalist team.
- The winning team will be awarded US$5,000.
- The competition is open to students of all disciplines pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree at a recognized degree-awarding institution, such as a University, Grande École, College or Fachhochschule, hereafter referred to as “University,” on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Each student must be currently enrolled in classes at their host university throughout the competition, and not have more than 7 years prior professional experience.
- Employees of CoreNet Global and their family members are not allowed to enter the competition.
- Also, students currently involved in an internship, apprenticeship or summer placement with CoreNet Global are not eligible to take part in the competition.
- The competition is open to teams of two (2) to four (4) students; team members may be from different academic programs within one institution, and/or teams may be comprised of students from more than one institution.
- Each team must have a Faculty Advisor; Individual students are not eligible to compete.
Submissions will be judged on the following:
- Innovation & Creativity (40 points)
- Applicability & Feasibility (30 points)
- Value Creation (20 points)
- Quality & Clarity of Presentation (10 points)
To participate in this competition, student teams must register on the competition website; teams must register by 30 November 2018. Upon receipt of the completed registration, CoreNet Global will confirm your registration and assign you an organization within one of the three vertical industries discussed earlier (financial services, insurance, or manufacturing) on which you must base your submission.
For more information, visit CoreNet.