Deadline: December 14, 2018
Applications are open for the ICANN Fellowship Program to attend the ICANN65 Policy Forum in Marrakesh 2019. The goal of the ICANN Fellowship Program is to strengthen the diversity of the multistakeholder model by fostering opportunities for individuals from underserved and underrepresented communities to become active participants in the ICANN community.
Fellows are exposed to the workings of the ICANN community, are assigned a mentor, and receive training across different areas of knowledge and skill building before, during, and after an ICANN Public Meeting.
Fellowship recipients are expected to:
- Engage in Fellowship Program Mentoring processes
- Complete additional required ICANN Learn courses
- Attend the ICANN Public Meeting and required activities, including but not limited to ICANN Fellowship sessions during the ICANN Meeting
- Network and interact with program alumni and community members
- Complete the post-meeting survey
- Participants are encouraged to actively contribute to ICANN policy development processes and Fellowship alumni network upon completion of the Fellowship Program
- All travel including airfare and accommodations will be booked and paid for by ICANN directly
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age;
- Be interested in, or already engaged in, the various components of ICANN’s work in policy building, the operation of the Domain Name System and the security and stability of the global Internet;
- Complete mandatory ICANN Learn course(s);
- Not be involved in or associated with other ICANN supported travel programs at time of selection
- If a Policy Forum, have successfully completed an ICANN Fellowship
- Second and third time fellows must prove their involvement and engagement in one of the ICANN communities
For more information, visit ICANN Fellowship.