International Network for Government Science Advice Capacity Building Workshop for South Asia 2018 (Funded)
Deadline: November 26, 2018
Applications for the International Network for Government Science Advice Capacity Building Workshop 2018 are now open. The INGSA South Asia Capacity Building Workshop is developed as a highly interactive workshop that includes training, application, peer support and mentorship.
The theme of the Workshop is Science Advice and the Environment. The Workshop would hold from December 11-12, 2018 at the Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. Participant will attend a 2-days intensive on-site program at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. Throughout the 2-day workshop, participants will be involved in:
- Elements of effective (collective) science advice
- Strategies towards effective collaboration and network building
- Creative and systems thinking
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective communication skills
- Stakeholder engagement skills
- Overcoming cultural inhibitions
- Monitoring and assessment of program impact
- Best practices, experiences and opportunities:
- Insights from experienced science advisor
- Opportunities for participants to apply the skills that they have acquired
- Training, meal, airfare and accommodation costs will be covered by the organisers for all selected participants. There will be some costs that will not be covered by the program, such as visas and vaccinations, for which participant may need to seek support from their local institution or fund personally.
- Open to ambitious and values-driven scientists or policy makers who are committed towards actively contributing to or establishing Science Advice as well as promoting greater collaboration within the region.
All applicants have to fill up registration form and provide one recommendation letter from their proposed referee and brief curriculum vitae.
Please ensure that the support letters are sent using accredited institutional letter head. The referee has to commit to be involved in future communications and mentorship of successful participant. This referee should express their willingness towards supporting the INGSA Asia participant’s development as an academic leader.
For more information, visit INGSA.