Sankalp Africa Awards 2019 for Africa’s most promising social entrepreneurs!
Deadline: December 7, 2018.
Africa’s most promising social entrepreneurs are invited to apply for the 2019 Sankalp Africa Awards. The Sankalp awards is a prestigious ceremony held annually that seeks to showcase innovative and successful companies within East Africa.
The winners are not only recognized but they also get a chance to pitch before a delegation of more than 1000 stakeholders who include Investors, Development Finance Institutions (DFIs), multilaterals, cooperates and development practitioners. The Sankalp Award Finalists selection is facilitated by The Intellecap Impact Investment Network (I3N). Sankalp Finalists are drawn from a pool of enterprises selected to receive Investment Readiness Support from I3N.
I3N is looking for companies that operate within East Africa that seek to participate in this program that culminates into the Sankalp awards.
- One-on-one Investment readiness preparation
- Pitching in front of seasonal investors and the I3N network members(investors)
- Match making to potential investors
- Networking with pioneers and transformers in the business field in East Africa
- Networking with other entrepreneurs
- Hand-holding through the fundraising process
- Two free tickets to Sankalp
Open to enterprises that:
- Have a clear for-profit business model with high potential for scale
- Are in the sectors of Agriculture, Financial services, Healthcare,Clean Energy, and livelihoods (Education, Water, and Sanitation)
- Have already conducted some proof of concept or have a beta version of their products running on the ground, and are preferably generating revenues
- The solution should be clearly catering to rural, low-income, disadvantaged communities or people living at the Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP)
- Have an experienced and dedicated promoter team.
- Are looking for funding in the range of USD 100K – USD 1mn
For more information, visit Sankalp Africa Awards.