HBS Africa Business Club New Venture Competition 2019 (Up to $15,000 prize)
Deadline: November 30, 2018
Applications are invited for the Harvard Business School Africa Business Club New Venture Competition 2019. As part of the 21st Africa Business Conference, the Africa Business Club will be hosting the competition. The New Venture Competition aims to showcase the diversity of entrepreneurs making a difference on the continent today.
The competition is about assessing the commercial merit and potential viability of each proposed new venture. Teams that have a proven technology or even attracted “beta” customers may raise their chances of success, but early stage ideas that have been thought through/tested will be considered based on their standalone potential and the team’s ability to execute.
- 10 finalists will be invited to pitch their business in front of approximately 700 attendees and receive feedback from a panel of experienced judges. The competition winner and runner-up will be awarded cash prizes of $10,000 and $5,000 respectively;
- The top 20 shortlisted ventures will also have the opportunity to showcase their companies at the Startup Fair to network and and interact with distinguished panelists and conference attendees.
Open to all African entrepreneurs with businesses focused on shaping Africa’s future. Entrepreneurs who offer unique and homegrown solutions to local problems and who meet the following eligibility criteria are highly encouraged to apply:
- Early Stage Startups (for profit or not-for-profit);
- Africa-focused with a majority or all of its operations in Africa;
- Less than 50 employees;
- Less than 5 years of operations;
- Raised less $250,000 in funding to date.
For more information, visit HBSABC.