Youth For Technology Foundation 3D Africa Internship Program 2019
Deadline: January 7, 2019
Youth For Technology Foundation is accepting applications for the 3D Africa Internship Program 2019. Youth for Technology Foundation (YTF) seeks for brilliant and innovative undergraduate students willing to carry out their academic internship (SIWES) to join the organization as interns for the 2019 Cohort of 3D Africa Internship Program.
The selected interns upon joining the YTF team will be among the prestigious 3D Africa Ambassadors. They will learn from the 3D Africa program manager and the entire YTF team on 21st-century engineering/technology skills and organizational behaviours. They will be able to translate the skills they learned to tackle their immediate community challenges, gain a successful pathway into entrepreneurship and civic leadership.
The internship duration is for one year for polytechnic students or six months for university students.
Selected interns will be placed in one of Youth for Technology Foundation’s offices in Imo State, Nigeria, for the duration of their internship.
Intern Duties & Responsibilities
- Classroom Training: Interns will attend structured classes and workshops during the placement period.
- Training: Support trainer for 3D Africa (for University Students) and 3D Africa Clubs in Secondary Schools.
- Design: Support program officers to implement organization-wide programs. Involvement in program design, implementation and measuring results.
- Program Planning: Organize and support the implementation of #HackforGood2019, 3D Africa’s annual hackathon.
- Ambassador: Actively engage with 3D Africa stakeholders and supporters on social media to share impact stories and YTF’s work.
- Final Project: Implement a final project based on learning acquired and internship related activities. The project must be approved by 3D Africa at the beginning of the internship and implemented satisfactorily at the conclusion of your internship after which sign off will be provided to your university.
- 3D Africa interns are exposed to technical training, leadership and ecosystem network in Nigeria.
- They have the opportunity to work with Youth for Technology Foundation (YTF) team in Nigeria.
- They form an integral piece of YTF’s core values and operations in helping to transform the continent from ‘Aid to Africa’ to ‘Made in Africa’.
- You will get the opportunity to become a 3D Africa Ambassador with access to post-internship opportunities and a chance of joining the YTF team fulltime upon graduation.
- Also, as an intern, you will be selected to participate in the 2019 HackforGood, an innovation challenge hosted in partnership with the education community and the private sector.
- The opportunity is for undergraduate students willing to carry out their industrial attachment (SIWES) while working on practical innovation projects.
- They are looking for students who are tech-savvy, open to learning and willing to impart.
- Students with intermediate-level skills in either CAD, software programming, hardware development, graphics design or project management are welcome to roll with us on this journey.
- Basic communication skills and volunteer experience are added advantage.
- Female students and other usually under-represented demographics are highly encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit Youth for Technology.