Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) Peacebuilding Interventions Internship 2019
Deadline: December 10, 2018
Are you a postgraduate student or a recent graduate with a passion to promote fair, democratic and inclusive societies in Africa? Do you want to develop your peacebuilding, research and analysis skills in a dynamic South African non-profit organization that works in several countries across Africa? Apply for the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) Peacebuilding Interventions Internship 2019.
Interns will be responsible for
- Conducting research and analyses of conflict and peace in Africa
- Drafting and writing concept notes
- Participating in the planning and organisation of PI events such as workshops, seminars, & dialogues.
- Attending designated meetings of the PI program and contributing towards its work
- Selected interns will be paid a stipend.
- Open to applicants from South Africa and other African countries;
- Applicants should be in possession of, or in the process of completing a Masters Degree in Conflict and Peace Studies, Political Studies, Development Studies, Human Rights, Gender & Peacebuilding, or a related discipline;
- Have competence in research and analysis;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Computer literate – Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- The ability to work independently with attention to detail;
- Competency in English is necessary while another international language would be an advantage.
- Ability to write, proofread or edit articles, op-eds, etc.
Please submit your CV, a cover letter motivating your application, details of three contactable referees, and an example of a short essay or research paper (maximum of 1000 words) to Ms. Anthea Flink at: email@example.com, using PI Intern in the subject heading. Applications without the relevant documentation will not be considered.
For more information, visit IJR Internship.