Google Software Engineering Research Internship for EMEA 2019
Deadline: January 18, 2019
Applications are invited for the Google Software Engineering Research Internship for EMEA 2019. Google strives to be the best and the brightest in the fields of Research and Machine Intelligence and they are looking for talented software engineers that have applied experience to join their team.
As a Software Engineer in Research and Machine Intelligence, you work on a small team, collaborating closely with other product teams and you are able to switch projects as Google’s fast-paced business grows and evolves. They need their engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems. Because you’ll be working with cutting-edge technology, you’ll also get a chance to work closely with researchers across Google. This internship is based in Accra, Ghana.
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications
- Develop solutions for real world, large-scale problems
- Applicants should be currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program in Computer Science or a related technical field;
- Experience (classroom or work related) in Natural Language Understanding, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Science, Data Mining and/or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence);
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C++ or Python;
- Experience with research communities and/or efforts, including having published papers (being listed as author) at conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc).
- Relevant industry work experience and/or experience as a researcher in a lab.
- Demonstrated publication record, with four or more publications at conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc).
- Ability to design and execute on research agendas.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Zürich, Switzerland; Berlin, Germany; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel; Haifa, Israel; Accra, Ghana; Paris, France
For more information, visit Google Internship.